Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 12, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Another day in the hospital & in the wrong place.

Code Blue

by Lobber


I’m watching TV in the 4th floor hospital lounge. A speaker blares: “Code Blue - Code Blue, Ward 27 Bed A.” 

Well, since that's my Ward and also my bed, I look down the hall to see what's happening. A chunky nurse leaves the room.  She's running towards me, well sort of lumbering, and pushes me out of the way. "Stay clear, the ambulance is coming soon.” 

Next, an elevator door opens. The doctor for the night appears, and I try to stop him, “Doc, they say there’s a problem with me.  What’s happening?”   He gives me a quirky look and keeps walking towards the Ward.

Suddenly, everything on the floor is quiet, except for the TV in the lounge.   Since there's nothing I can do, I return to watching Wheel of Fortune reruns.  I hope they sort it out.  Tom, my roommate, is known to sleep walk and often returns to the wrong bed.




True Story Contest contest entry


Code blue: An emergency situation announced in a hospital or institution in which a patient is in cardiopulmonary arrest, requiring a team of providers (sometimes called a 'code team') to rush to the specific location and begin immediate resuscitative efforts.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lobber All rights reserved.
Lobber has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.