Horror and Thriller Fiction posted February 13, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Forever...

Dinner Is Served

by Diana L Crawford


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.















It was the day before Valentine's Day. Marcel made plans to take his new girlfriend, Gabrielle, to dine at a local posh restaurant. He had bought flowers and candy, and he was ready for the big night.

Gabrielle was the first woman he had dated in many years, and he was so grateful to meet someone he could relate to. Gabrielle, a petite woman with long brown hair and hazel eyes, seemed to have a fun personality. Her beauty was striking.

Marcel called Gabrielle to discuss what time he would pick her up for their night out on Valentine's Day.

"Hello, Gabrielle, are you ready for tomorrow night?"

"Oh yes, Marcel, I am so excited. I've never been to Maison de Arterielle."

Maison de Arterielle was an expensive and mysterious French restaurant on the edge of town. It turned out to be the perfect setting for what Marcel had planned. 

"Good, I'll pick you up about 7 p.m. if that's ok."

"Alright, I'll be ready. I'm looking forward to spending the evening with you."

As she hung up the phone, Gabrielle's pulse raced like a teenager falling in love for the first time.  She could hardly wait to see him.  

She had spent the last year caring for her ailing mother who had passed away a few months ago. Her love life had been null and void, to say the least, for several years. Gabrielle's friend, Joy, had introduced her to Marcel about a month before, and she was smitten at first sight.

Marcel, a tall and handsome sort had a calm demeanor.  He captivated her with his gentle nature and dark brown eyes. He proved to be quite the romantic gentleman.

Marcel arrived on time; seven o'clock on the dot.

"All set to go?"

"Yes, all ready!"

He complimented Gabrielle on how stunning she looked. She wore her hair up, which would fit his plans for the night perfectly. Gabrielle dressed in a beautiful black evening dress, and high heel shoes which showed off her lovely tanned legs.

They arrived at the restaurant, and Gabrielle appeared pleasantly surprised to discover Marcel had rented the entire restaurant for their private dinner that evening. 

Inside, the restaurant was dark and romantic, with hints of black and red elaborate wallpaper, a blood red plush carpet, and lovely red velvet drapes. 

There was a small dance floor to the right, and their intimate table was elegantly dressed with candlelight and set in the center of the room. 

They were greeted and seated by a well-dressed staff member. Once seated, their waiter came with the surprise bouquet of large red roses and chocolate covered cherries that Marcel had planned to give her when they arrived.

"This is so romantic, Marcel! I am overwhelmed that you would do this for me."

"Gabrielle, this setting does not even begin to compare with your beauty. You deserve to be pampered like this all the time."

The couple ordered steak dinners, and they were served with little waiting time. Marcel's steak was quite rare and bloody. Gabrielle thought it a little odd as it looked like it had not been cooked at all.  

After eating, Marcel asked Gabrielle if she wanted to dance. Taking her by the hand, he led her to the small dance floor. The soft, ethereal music added to the ambience of the romantic evening.

Their eyes locked as they slowly swayed to the music. Mesmerized by Marcel's dark piercing eyes, she felt like heaven was at her door..  

"Darling, Gabrielle, what would you say to having my arms wrapped around you forever?"

"Oh, Marcel, it would be a dream come true to spend eternity with you," she sighed.

At that moment, Marcel leaned forward as though he was going to kiss her; but instead, he revealed two large white fangs which glistened in the dim light.  Before Gabrielle could scream, he plunged his fangs deep into her supple neck. Marcel joyfully feasted for hours. Now, he would have this woman forevermore.

 



Story of the Month contest entry


Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!!




Club entry for the "My Bloody Valentine" event in "The Hellacious Horror Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Diana L Crawford All rights reserved.
Diana L Crawford has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.