General Poetry posted February 10, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
She'll never give up...she can't

A Mother's Heart

by Y. M. Roger


Prisoner of hope
That one day he’ll return home ~
Lost in love’s mem’ries

 



5-7-5 Poetry Lost writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 poem on the topic of lost

Recognized


Image from Google Images.

In 2019 NCMEC (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children) assisted law enforcement and families with more than 29,000 cases of missing children.

91 percent endangered runaways.
4 percent family abductions.
4 percent critically missing young adults, ages 18 to 20.
Less than 1 percent nonfamily abductions.
1 percent lost, injured or otherwise missing children.

Of the nearly 26,300 runaways reported to NCMEC in 2019, 1 in 6 were likely victims of child sex trafficking.

NCMEC also participates in the AMBER Alert Program, a voluntary partnership between broadcasters, transportation agencies, law enforcement agencies, and the wireless industry to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child abduction cases. NCMEC serves as the secondary distributor of these alerts and, to date, 967 children have been successfully recovered as a result of the AMBER Alert program, including 58 recoveries credited to the wireless emergency alert program.

Team Adam, which provides rapid, on-site assistance in cases of critically missing children, has deployed more than 1,100 times. The program was named after Adam Walsh, the abducted and murdered son of NCMEC co-founders John and Reve Walsh.

[For more information, please visit www.missingkids.org]
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.