General Script posted February 15, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A one-scene script with Pons and Ned

Scene at an Animal Shelter 2

by Bill Schott















Pons and Ned enter the holding area at the county animal shelter.  There are six columns of animal pens that have twelve cages per row. The majority are dogs with a group of smaller cages clustered in the rear corner for cats. The general sound is a low whining and the smell of feces is quite noticeable. 

Pons: Wow! The smell is distinct.

Ned: It's the stink alright.

Pons: They should air this place out.

Ned: Then git some new air an' take it out too 'til it smells a whole lot better.

Pons: (
At the first pen) This guy is described as a lab mix.

Ned: That mean he's a test tube baby dog?


Pons: No, Ned. It means his mom was a labrador retriever and his dad was not.

Ned: Not a retriever? He dint retrieve nuttin?


Pons: By the looks of this fella, it was likely a german shepherd.

A figure appears dressed in a red cloak and can only be seen by Ned

D-RED: Achtung, bitches!

Ned sees Red and begins talking to him which is completely unregistered by Pons.

Ned: What brings you here, Red. I thunk you was run over by a reindeer.

D-RED: True dat, Ned. Now I'm an assistant to DED. I take care of things like collecting dogs and cats when they get put down.

Pons: (
Walking to the next pen) This one here is either a pug and yorky mix or a dirty mop head.

Ned: (
Still talking to D-Red) So do ya come fer farm aminals too?

D-RED:  Well, I could, but that collection is optional. I usually whisper in a cows ear something like, 'Think about this.', just before they shoot a metal rod through its brain. Lot a yuks there.


Pons: (Moving to the next pen) I have a dog here with one brown eye and a hairy unicorn -- or he's mooning me. 

Ned: (
Still talking to D-Red) Say, Red, do ya s'pose you could let these critters live a bit longer? Ima thinkin' they might git lucky and find umselfs a lovin' home taday.

D-RED: Okay, Ned. I guess I can go give a last minute pep talk to a herd of lemmings. 

Ned: Thanks, Red.


D-Red walks off as Pons turns around to face Ned.

Pons: What was that, Ned?

Ned: What was what, dude?

Pons: What?


The officer in charge walks up.

Officer: Well, fellas, I guess you can take your time. The Euthanator 2000 is out of commission for awhile. 

Pons and Ned smile at each other and turn towards the pens.

Ned: Hey, Pons. I'm likin' that there one-eyed pupster dog wit the hairy horn.


 




I know. Lemmings do not do that.

D-Red used to be Pons and Neds cousin Red, but has become a minion of Death or DED as he is known in my scripts.

Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.