Spiritual Poetry posted February 7, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A freestyle poem

It Is Well

by Sally Law


~~~~~~~

Winds of change

are blowing black,

and earth--a drunken man.

Time and trust

are wearing thin;



the enemy fills the land.



I shall not give

my faith away,

oh, no--

not sea or grain of sand.

For it is well, 

my soul this day,

upon this rock, I stand.



It is well

into the night

though darkness calls my name.

How can I say, 

it is well

my faith a single  flame?



For there is one

who calls me His,

until the trumpet blast.

I will not bend

into the foul,

for He will come

at last.



It is well, 

it is well,

my soul will sing along.

Until my eyes

have seen the one,

the Maker of the song.


Sally Law, February, 2020



Recognized

#163
2020


The earth seems unstable and dark at present. My faith in Christ means more to me than ever. I believe the return of Christ is near and hold fast to my faith until our gathering to Him with the sound of the trumpet. This event is sometimes referred to as "the rapture", a term translated from the Latin Vulgate Bible. The Bible refers to this future event as our " blessed hope."

This poem is based on 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.




Photo Art: "A Single Light" by Linda Bickston of FanArtReview.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Linda Bickston at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.