Humor Fiction posted February 3, 2020 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Chapter 1 - Charlie

A chapter in the book Twenty ways to die

Twenty ways to die

by Iza Deleanu


My name is now Charlie and I am a refugee from Eastern Europe. I left my country before the communism curtain went down. Most of the time I travelled illegally and under the imminent scare that I will be caught and brought back. After 20 days of running, hiding and hitching odds rides I finally reached, what at that time was western Germany. Between you and me, Germany was the Eldorado for anyone that was running from a communist country.

I was immediately caught up by the Polizei. They put me in quarantine. Man, I am not a carrier of anything, maybe just of hunger. Why are you keeping me closed in this room? I didn’t risk my life for this! If you don’t want me here, let me go!

Sir, this is for your safety! Sit there and shut up!

One fat polizei ask me how I escaped the regime.

I said: I got a swim for it! I cross the Danube River and landed in Hungary and from there I just run… travel by night, hide during the day.

Aha, that explains it! We are sorry to inform you, but you caught pneumonia and is too late for any treatment….
Man, what a stupid way to die in the West! I will enter in history as the idiot that escape communism but was caught up by… pneumonia!

 



Twenty ways to die contest entry


This is chapter 1 from the contest Twenty ways to die. All my stories will at the west from different perspectives and will bring up silly ways to die. As always thank you for reading and for your patience with my style.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.