Biographical Poetry posted January 27, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I miss our sweet dog, no matter how much time passes.

Missing Spiffy

by Mary Kay Bonfante

Spiffy,
My faithful girl.
Dog gone!




2-4-2 Poetry contest entry

Recognized


I rescued Spiffy when she was about a year old. She was mine for about 13-14 years while I was single, but she and Jorge got to know each other very well, before we got married. Then she was ours, for the rest of her life -- and she lived to be about 17! I think this happened because she had a lot of love, very good care and nutritious food, and she had the advantages of a mixed gene pool. I never was able to learn her full doggy heritage.

I always kept her at a healthy weight, feeding her the wet food she enjoyed only once a day, but giving her access to dry food (which she didn't like as much), all day long. She got table scraps but only in very small amounts, and no sharp bones or large amounts of fat. I was careful not to give her foods with too many animal by-products. She had plenty of water. Sometimes she had stomach problems, and when she did I would sometimes give her boiled chicken mixed with rice.

A generous friend offered to walk her while I went to work, giving her oodles of exercise. We played a lot. She was a very funny dog.

Spiffy made a lot of friends! But she would occasionally steal people's food, like my cheese, my brother's sandwich, my husband's hamburgers, hahahaha!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Kay Bonfante All rights reserved.
Mary Kay Bonfante has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.