Romance Fiction posted January 28, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The First Valentine's Day

Og and Ugg

by Sally Law


A long time ago, in the land of Uz, lived a lonely cave dweller named Og.

On the very first day of Spring, Og made up his mind to win the beautiful Ugg who lived above him in the cleft of the rocks. Thus, he began his quest for her heart.

He trudged down to the river and took his yearly bath, airing his animal skin coverings on an obliging tree.

Hoping for a kiss, Og washed the one tooth protruding from his lip. "Og look good," he said, as he studied his reflection in the water.

A gift for Ugg was needed. But, what?

Scratching his head, he thought and thought of what might please her. Ugg already has everything: warm cave, many dogs, the heavens above and the earth below. What more does a she-creature need?

Og pondered the deep mysteries of she-creature. It was true that Ugg was beautiful and kind. How could he have happiness without her?

Then, the answer came. "I will give her Og! Me make love symbols on stone. I will win her, and carry her to my cave."

He found the perfect stone, smoothed by the rushing waters. Og etched his loving thoughts carefully onto the river rock.

One more gift came to mind. Og searched the fields where colors sprayed the earth, looking for something in the flaxen shade of Ugg's hair.

Dragging his club uphill in the midday sun, Og hiked to Ugg's dwelling. He saw her sitting outside with her pack of wild dogs. They barked and circled as he came near.

Og noticed other love gifts strewn about. His lovely neighbor obviously had been considering other cavemen. Confidence filled him when he remembered his stone and true words of love.

"For you, Ugg."

Ugg ran her hand over the stone and cried big tears. "You etched love words--for me?"

"Yes. You can read?"

"No, but I can see you love me, Og. You washed, and you brought me this stone along with pretty flowers."

"Let me put these golden-colored ones in your hair," offered Og. Ugg smiled and cried even more.

They sat together hand-in-hand for hours, blowing on the dandelions to watch them swirl in the air.

"Ugg, will you be mine for always?"

"For always, Og."



Recognized

#103
2020


"The Land of Uz" is real and the former home of Job. The area described in the Bible is to the south and east of Israel including Edom, Moab, and Ammon.

Are dandelions weeds or wild flowers? Just curious.

https://www.pexels.com/photo/brown-and-white-spike-flower-51338/@ pexels.com.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.