General Non-Fiction posted January 22, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a brief bio

Six Siblings - Robert

by Bill Schott


I am the youngest of six children. I hope to briefly identify my older brothers and sisters from the eldest to the brother closest to me.

My fourth sibling was my brother, Robert, who was born in 1948. He was, as a teen, best described as a juvenile delinquent. He spent a lot of time in police cars.

Bob, as he was known by his friends, was studying for the ministry when he found he was about to be a father. At eighteen he got married and went to work for Buick Motors. He worked there for thirty years.  

Bob's marriage lasted five years until divorce. His son's custody went to his ex-wife.  She passed away five years later and his son returned to him.

Bob remarried and took in three step-children. They divorced five years later. The kids went with their mom.

Years of alcohol abuse led to mental illness, and years of working with asbestos led to mesothelioma.

I became his caregiver in 2017 and found an adult care facility for him to enter hospice.   He passed away in early 2018.








 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.