General Fiction posted January 22, 2020 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
another chapter in this saga

A chapter in the book The Book of Retirement

Her retirement

by Iza Deleanu


 He told me that if I want to retire I need  a totl of X years of work combined with Y years of age and you need a total of 78? Seventy what? Holy macaroni! Who is going to live that long? For sure I am not! Too many Cancer signs running in the family… He catches the part with the Cancer and declares:

- No worries, Hon, you are a Virgo, so you are a survivor.
            Trying to squeeze some years in I innocently asked:-

- What about my 10 years from back home, do those count towards anything?


 -  Nope! Your clock started to tick in the direction of retirement in 2009. Since you didn’t get a proper job until 2013, my Love, you will be retiring in your grave…

- Thanks Captain Obvious, and knowing you, you will make me buy it in advance, I mumbled under my chin.

- What did you say?

- I said I will retire in an urn, Sir! The grave it will be too expensive, and I can’t afford that with this financial disaster.

- Well the only chance for you is to win the Lottery.

- Yeah as if I really have luck in that department. The results of playing are the same as my writing: “Try again! This seems to be a non-winner!” I really love the disclaimer part: “Play responsibly.” In other words, stop wasting your money… That’s why the winning the lottery option is your department. I will continue to try my luck in the Writing Department. Who knows maybe one day I will win a contest and start making a living out of it? And then…

- Sure, Hon, dream on, with your English you will win lots of …experience … no money, no island life for you. In the meantime, let me get you a Cuba Libre, it’s minus 40 today so you need to keep your retirement dream … handy.

What can I say, my man is careful with my dreams, he makes sure to keep me in the Oblivion so Cuba Libre and a movie about the island will help me get through the day. But seriously, do I really have to die working? Is there no exotic escape for me? Oh, Brother! No rich relative that I don’t know about it? Oh, Lord, save meeeeeeeeeee!
 

 




This is a new chapter in my book about retirement. The book is fiction in nature, and no hero got a chance to retire yet. If you would like to know more, please read my previous chapters. They are very short and easy to read. As always thank you for taking a chance on this piece, and since English is my third language please help me with the grammar.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.