General Poetry posted January 18, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A hearts cry

Tossed and Driven

by Brenda Henderson

They ask: "How can you mend a broken heart?"

But I ask How do you heal a crushed spirit and who indeed cares when there's noone around to hear it?

Where can you fly to escape the pain?

When your heart aches like thunder and the tears fall like torrential rain.

How do you stop the merry-go-round so you can get off?

How can you find your way home when your home has been another's heart?

Slumber provides no refuge because there is no sleep.

Yet life is filled with miles to go and promises I don't know how to keep.

Disconsolate, inconsolable, grief stricken and in despair; I fall into the arms of my SAVIOR and I let go of all my care. . .




Prov. 18:14

"The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity, but a wounded spirit who can bear."

The beginning references an old R&B classic by Al Green (Rev.) before he became a Minister.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brenda Henderson All rights reserved.
Brenda Henderson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.