General Script posted January 17, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Pons and Ned still at the store

Scene at a Pet Store 3

by Bill Schott


Pons and Ned get some input from others while at the pet store.


Pons: Hey, Ned, look who's here.


Pons holds out his left arm to present two women.

Ned: Gosh, Pons, I ain't hardly fixt up fer no datin'.

Judi: Dating? I'm not here for a date.

Yvonne:  Definitely not here for dating.

Pons: No, no, of course not. I'm sorry. Ned these ladies have an opinion on what kind of pet you should get.

Ned: Well, er ya gonna intradouche me?

Pons: Of course, Ned, this is Judi and this is Yvonne.

Ned: So you ladies're friends a Pons?

Pons: Actually -- Bill knows them.

Ned: I git it. You two're here 'cause yer axperts on aminals and such. 

Judi: I'm not entirely sure why I'm here, but I do have an opinion on puppy mills and retail stores that sell vulnerable pets to whomever gives them money.

Ned: What's a puppy mill?

Judi: It's a place where people raise dogs for money.

Ned: Does it matter how bigga dawg is? Do ya git the same amount fer pickin' up a wiener dawg as fer a lapperdoor?

Pons: She means raising them -- like you would children.

Ned: Ya mean they got --

Pons: No, Ned. There aren't kiddy mills.

Yvonne: I know why I am here, Ned? I question whether you are capable of caring for a pet. You don't seem very -- how can I say it?

Ned: Intellegant?

Yvonne: Thank you.

Ned:  Uh, who are you agin?  You know me?

Pons: You are known, Ned. Your persona is shaped to project a man who is a bit dense and lacking in the capacity to learn and develop.

Ned: Huh?  I ain't got no purse. If I did, I wunt perject nobody wit it. I mighta put on some Christmas fat, but I ain't that dense. And I bin told, by ladies what know, that my ass is capped above av'ridge.

Yvonne: (
scoffing and rolling her eyes)  Clearly, I was mistaken.

Judi: Have you considered looking for a pet at the animal shelter?

Pons: Gee, Ned. That's an idea. I remember Lefty got his rottweiler there.

Ned: Did he put some kinda salve on it. That like toe fungus?

Pons: It's a breed of dog, Ned.

Judi: Perhaps the rescue shelter isn't the right place after all. Have you considered a ficus?

Ned: That a bird? I was thinkin' hard on maybe gittin' a talkin' ferret.

Yvonne: A talking ferret?  Do you mean parrot?

Judi:  Let's hope so.

Pons: Thanks, ladies. I think you may be on to something with the rescue shelter. 

Ned: Wonner if their aminals're as much as these ones here. Ya know a talkin' bird costs  three hunterd dollaroos.

Judi: (
Eyes searching for words) The rescue dogs may all have the rot -- wieler, Ned. You should really consider a cactus.

Pons: Thanks, Judi. I think we'll try the shelter. Lefty said he just paid for rabies shots and   a bag of dog food.

Ned: He oughta picked up a hound dog awhile he was there.

Pons: (
Looking at the two women and weakly smiling) Right you are, Ned.

Judi: Yes. So -- right, Ned. Bye.

Yvonne: Perhaps you could get a pit bull, Ned. That might be interesting.

Ned:  Dunt know as I got room fer no cow at my place, E-phone.

Pons: (
Whispering)  Yvonne, Ned. Yvonne.

Ned: (
Winking and turning to Judi and Yvonne) Good evonin', ladies.

Pons: Yes. Well. Ladies.

Ned: Let's git on over ta that aminal shelter, Pons.

(All exit)





 





Thanks to avmurray for use of the image.

A special thanks to judiverse and damommy for being in the scene. You were great.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.