General Fiction posted January 15, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My opinions are mine, but I listen

<My Opinion On The Drug Problems

by Lulube




Just my opinions in a very quick breakdown, leading to an untried solution.

What does every country have in common? (give or take a few)

1. MONEY
2. DRUG INFILTRATION (this includes production, whether by natural products or man-made products, to exporters and their buyers, to distributors providing the street dealers that sell to the addicts.

Money makes the world go 'round.

And I've heard, although I can't back it up, that the drug trade generates into the trillions of dollars around the world, in one year. Now what does Trump say about that?

Imagine how many are employed in the drug trade business. On the legal side, how many are employed through surveillance's to the busts in the drug trade?
Both sides generate employment and both need the money from the drug trade.

So how is the idea to eliminate the source, will eliminate the problem of drugs in our streets? There are many waiting to fill any void that comes available.

Seems to me there may be the odd dry spell in some cities, off and on, but back to normal in record time. Or a new drug pops up that's man-made and no one knows exactly what it is, mostly the addicts. Let's call it "G" or "K". No one knows what they are taking or the dangers and repercussions from taking it.

Decades ago, an addict had a choice as to how far their addictions would go because they knew exactly what they would be dealing with, now, who knows whats going on with the street drugs. But an addict that wants, is who buys whatever. Criminal injustice towards the addicts, just for a buck.

My contribution for this problem, along with current running solutions, is to lessen the drug users, starting in grade one to grade twelve. New rules for children in school, in North America, until all around the world. Stop the addict from being born in their school years. Where do children learn what they don't in the home? In school or in the school yard!

1. The school would have the power to discipline; any student that looks and acts stoned, (take a test in Principal's office), or smells like pot on their clothing, (even if they were just standing near the smoker), any student that is suspicious of selling drugs, from 3rd party information or a teacher witnessing a sale, can be searched, without a warrant, in their lockers and the emptying out the pockets of pants and hoodies and socks and shoes, without parental agreement. All drugs are confiscated and turned over to police. Only a witnessed seller in the act of money and drug exchanging, is taken to police. This is a school policy for general schooling. If parents don't like it, then try a public school. The idea is not to give these children records but to stop them from going forward in the drug world.

2. The teacher that has the non-compliant student in their class, must take them to the Principal and Vice-Principal's (if applicable) office for review. There the Principal and Vice- Principal will come to a decision on discipline for that student. Police will not be involved unless a student is charged with selling drugs.

3. Harsh actions are taken from the very first time a student is interacting with drugs.

4. Most lenient action is wearing an ankle bracelet; worn during school hours, must remain in school during breaks and lunch hour and must remain at home every night for the amount of time given, minimum one month. No after school activities. None.

5. Community hours served with a group of other penalized students. All wearing an outer vest that's written on the back, "Drug Penalty", to be worn every working weekend, for the amount of time given.

6. If caught with drugs on their person, they must wear a sign during school hours, for amount of time given, declaring, I am a drug user (or dealer) and no one is to deal with a student that wears a sign.

7. If a student continues on his path of drugs, they are pulled out of school and immediately put into a school, half-way home, for the remainder of the school year. Non-compliance in the half-way house, puts them into the school jail system. The idea is to separate the bad eggs from spoiling the good eggs. There will always be those that will not reform their ways so remove them from society at an early age before they drag others down with them.

Sound a bit tough? Should be. Look whats happened since corporal punishment's been taken out of schools. Maybe bring it back? Discipline and respect are lacking and not being taught in the privacy of homes.

I say, back to some strict rules in schools. How can they learn when they are stoned or trying to get high all day at school. What's a teacher to do but step in and put an end to it with the students they know.

Also, have mandatory classes that teach coping skills and awareness for emotional problems. Teach the minds a better way of living than doing drugs.

Now, you can get into my opinions in depth for more pros and cons but the ultimate solution is to lower the addicts in the world, which in turn will lower the drug trade because less addicts means less demand for the drugs.

And what will happen? Drug prices will increase to cover the expenses involved with soliciting drugs and guess what, addicts, (well the majority of addicts), don't have any money! Which means a rise in crime but when caught, boom, into jail you go, with longer sentences.

All the schools that have been closed and sit empty, can be converted into half-way houses and some turned into a minimum security jail for students only. Not every town has closed down schools but every town has an abandoned government building or a building that the government can buy/lease and convert into housing penalized students.

Wouldn't it be less expensive to deal with non-addicted children and stop them in their tracks, than having to supply facilities to deal with these children as addicted adults that need to withdrawal and be re-programmed back into society, over and over again?

Now the streets will become cleaner from less addicts sitting around
and less dealers hanging around street corners. Straighten up the young children, so there are no addictions started with students in school. They should be strong enough and smart enough not to get involved with drugs after they graduate from grade twelve.

Just my opinion.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lulube All rights reserved.
Lulube has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.