General Non-Fiction posted January 14, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
prose with no adjectives

January Events

by dovemarie


January is a time when I have celebrated a birthday, on the 14th of the month, and there are events that have happened in January that I remember. I was discharged from an institution in January 1980, and I saved a roommate's life when she took an overdose in January 1982. In January 2010, I wrote a poem about the holidays while I was at work. I celebrated on January 1, 2020, at a program. On January 14th in 2019 and 2020, I went to the chapel to pray and meditate. On January 22, friends and I are going out to dinner to celebrate birthdays in this month - mine on January 14, Sue on January 16, and Alicia on January 19. January is, for me, a time of memories that I can think about and recapture. January days are filled with cold and snow, but also they evoke success, sadness, rapture, and fun. I remember going out sledding with Dad, and skating on a rink that we made in the yard. I thank God I have made it to the age of 64. I hope 2020 brings peace and blessing.



No adjectives allowed contest entry


I think back to the various events that occured in my life in the month of January. I am celebrating my 64th birthday today, January 14th. Thank you to Alicja from Pixabay for photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.