General Fiction posted January 12, 2020 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 18... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a rembrance

A chapter in the book Saying Goodbye to Phyllis

Phyllis Stewart

by Bill Schott


I first started reading Phyllis's work as she was writing a story about a young woman in 19th century England. It was everything I never read: a love story, a British period piece, and one I felt might have been aimed at teen girls. For some reason I was hooked on it and kept reading. She took the main character from her station as a servant to the heir of the estate for whom she worked. The surprises, the intrigue, and the research into what it was like in that era was compelling. This gave me insight into how a great author gets readers to follow a plot.

She was helpful to me as I submitted posts. She gave sound advice and unabashed comments.

She was an all-around entertaining person who knew how to pen romance, suspense, and humor. Our world was made better by her.

 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.