General Poetry posted December 21, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
prose

Name That Holiday Movie

by sunnilicious


Playfulness on the street corner was innocent. It didn't lead to an emergency, but they were visible in black & white times. Best he toss her back that house robe. The boys needed him more... How to embrace love? How to steal a kiss?

They shall meet again.

Days later, it is alright to be alone. But the party was lonely for him without her.

Everybody knew his whereabouts. It was like he was born predictable. He rather die than deal with her mother. But he was too young. And so, he met her again at home with her mother. A nice looking woman with an inherited trashy mouth was meant to marry George, not his wealthy best friend.

Their wedding and reception was nothing less than great. But before the honeymoon, it turned into a real bad night. The plane will just have to wait. Love understood because this was a ficitional tale.

Years went by, but his dear always understood that work stole his time. His loving wife, children and the holidays made his house seem like an Inn. He enjoyed it, but couldn't handle stress. He begged to God, never to have been born. And chaos placed him on a much needed vacation.

This second-class angel just wanted a pair of wings. God made him deal with George. It was much more than what any angel could even ever bargin for... Somehow, what would and could have been without George was an express ticket to a life worst than Hell.

Whomever invented happy endings was a genius. It was plain as day that friends, family, love, caring and sharing are always supposed to be wonderful, wonderful things.

Merry Christmas
Happy New Year




More hints:
1) This movie was made in 1946.
2) This movie quickly became a holiday classic.
3) James Stewart was the leading man.
4) Donna Reed was the leading lady.
5) This movie was directed by Frank Capra.
6) This movie was an Oscar winner.
7) This movie was originally made in B&W but has been digitally remastered into color.


I tried to enter the "Name that Christmas Movie Contest"... However, the word minimum was 500-words. I came up with much less than that, because it wasn't a babbly day.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.