General Poetry posted December 4, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Haibun

Winter Dawn

by zanya


The morning was still covered in a pall of darkness as I rose at 6 a.m to catch an early train. An hour later, rummaging in my attic office for work documents, I was stopped in my tracks by the glimmer of dawn light beginning to filter through the skylight. Glancing eastward, I stood in awe at the sight of the dawn breaking. Soon saffron-orange-yellow light was taking over the eastern sky. This kaleidoscope of light melted the dawn darkness, giving way to a crisp,cold December morning.
This miracle of dawn takes place every day, of course. Many of us don't have time to notice in our now almost, permanent rush-hour world.

Some seven or so hours later, I took a detour on my return, to take a brisk walk in the local park.
The winter sun, low in the sky, glinted magically on the pond, illuminating the resident pair of adult swans gliding gracefully.

Due to recent torrential rains, the streams flowed full-throated along. The water was crystal clear, pebbles at the bottom clearly visible. A lone heron stood gracefully by the water's edge. A few joggers and strollers worked their way around the pathways.

Nature Fest !

a winter dawn brings
vivid colors from the east
such iridescence!


 




Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.