General Fiction posted December 4, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
final words story

Forever Bride

by judester


The old sedan was almost completely covered in snow by morning. Hidden in the ravine and trapped in the chilled cocoon of their car, the elderly couple told stories. The happy and sad stories of their long and happy marriage.

Henry and Missy, his wife of sixty years, sat huddled beneath an old car blanket and shared a frozen chocolate bar in the dimmed light of the flashlight.

They spoke softly as the snow continued to fall into a delicate blanket sparkling in the early morning light.

"Missy, you are my forever bride. The best darn thing that ever happened to me in this life."
He gently brushed a lock of silver hair from her cheek.

"Come closer, let me warm your hands."

The emergency vehicle finally spotted the car that had slid off the road in last night's storm.

When they shoveled and opened the door, they found the elderly couple.

Henry and Missy held each other close beneath an old car blanket.

Both smiled serenely, as if dreaming in peaceful sleep together.



Final Words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Your character is going to die within moments. What are the final words? Describe the circumstances of the pending death.


Thanks to cleo85 for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.