General Fiction posted November 28, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A twist

Mother of the bride

by Rikki66


Louise Rainer sat on the side of the rumpled bed reminiscing about what had just occurred. Dressed in bra and panties the scent of her lover lingering her blouse and skirt on the floor where she dropped them. She and Ree had agreed they were not lesbians, just two middle-aged broads exploring their sexuality before they were too old.
Still dressing when the phone rings she answers, "Sally, darling what's up?"
"You know the guy I have been seeing, Diageo, he wants to meet you and dad."
"Okay, when?"
"I was thinking about a bar-b-que this weekend. I'll ask his parents' too. Okay?"
"I'll tell dad. Burgers alright?"
"Fine, what if dad has plans?"
"I'll pull a Lysistrata on him till he sees things my way."
"MOTHER!"
In her sweetest voice, Louise says, "Bye Sally, see you Saturday about four."
"Bye, mom."

*****

The air is filled with BBQ smoke, the aromas Hickory, brats and burgers mingle with the smell of new-mown grass. Tom Rainer is at the grill Louise at the bar making margaritas to go with chips and freshly made salsa.
A girl of about twenty rounds the house to the back yard, "Mom-dad this Diageo Sanchez, son of Paul and Marie. Tom walks away from the grill his hand extended Paul, Diageo welcome to casa Rainer. He deliberately avoids Marie, waiting for his wife who is having some troubles of her own.
At the sight of Marie Sanchez, Louise drops the tray of drinks and falls backward missing the couch and finding the ground. She is glad to be wearing shorts when the men come to her rescue.
"I tripped clumsy me." She mumbles.
Tom lifts his wife to her feet, "Don't think you injured anything but your pride."
Louise slowly sits on the lounge chair, trembling with anticipation. 'How could it be? Marie Sanchez was her sweet Ree.' This had to be some horrible joke. Gaining some composure, "Welcome to our humble home."
She rises from the lounge and goes to Paul gives him an embrace with a "Welcome, Paul."
She takes the few steps to Marie embraces her and whispers "We have to talk."
"No shit!' mouths Marie.
"Paul ya'll have a seat if Louise can keep her footing, we'll have drinks shortly."
Marie walking with her arm around Louise says." I'll help."
Sally, pipes in "I'll help too."
Both women let out a soft sigh.
Tom back at the grill "Let's get this party going."
**********

Food is eaten and drinks consumed conversation ensues. "Paul what's your line" asks Tom. Pretty much like yours, I sell cars; you sell machinery at least that is what Diageo tells me.
"Yep, best farm equipment in the U.S., Marie, work?
"She owns a spa, Louise you should let her set you up she could give you a good work-out"
"I have a small gym in the basement I might let her check it out and give me a few tips.
Before the women can adjourn to the basement Paul speaks loudly, "Diageo, since we got here you have acted like you have ants in your pants. Now spit it out."
Diageo stood, "Mr. and Mrs. Rainer I want your permission to marry Sally."
The men get up and go to Diageo, "Of course, son says Tom."
The women embrace, crying, laughing and crying again then they rise together and go to Sally, she joins in the hysterics.
As the tears subside Marie embraces Louise "The spa tomorrow at one, mother of the bride."





Photo by AVmurry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rikki66 All rights reserved.
Rikki66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.