General Non-Fiction posted November 17, 2019 Chapters:  ...43 44 -45- 46... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ever said something, and immediately wanted to take it back?

A chapter in the book Miscellaneous stories

Say what?

by CD Richards


     
I must begin by stating, in all honesty, my partner is a very intelligent woman. "Sharp as a tack", as the saying goes. In case she reads this, I should also mention she is beautiful, kind, generous, funny and extremely forgiving.

One day I brought home a water trough for our animals. The trough is circular, six feet in diameter and two and a half feet high. It holds 1,000 litres (200 gallons). Without so much as blinking or cracking the faintest smile, she looked me in the eye and said: "It's very wide; how will they reach the middle?"



True Story Flash contest entry

Recognized


100 words.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. If you have to think about it, you're as bad as she is! ;-)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. CD Richards All rights reserved.
CD Richards has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.