General Poetry posted November 12, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
rhymed poem

Those Were The Days

by sunnilicious



The beautiful baby had a devilish side
She enjoyed her bottle as you went off to hide;
And she drank that mixed formula like a monster
A born model in diapers like a cult master.

At birthdays, she smiled and blew out all those candles
As her rabbit gnawed on carrots like a scandal
As her brother swang to the moon and back in the yard
And she laughed when mommy read her the best crowned cards.

And off to work she wished to go with her daddy,
But she stayed home and played with toys in the caddy;
Soup and sammies were quite a treat for lunch
For this little lady liked to drink tea and munch.


 



Childhood writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a rhyming poem about your childhood. It can be good or bad, happy or sad.
No more than 20 lines.
No free verse.


I was born in the 70's. So I liked birthdays, Christmases, anything with a heart, playing, gardening in my strawberry patch, running, racing, Taking strolls (walks) with my mother and brother, mint chocolate chip ice cream on a cone, screaming, cleaning, watching PTL, visiting Mrs Flannagan, playing with my forever friend James, visiting the library, I loved Snow White, I loved nursey rhymes, my Holly Hobby rag doll, hardcandies (starlights and butterscotch), campbell's soup, tuna, pbj, grilled cheese, vegetables, dew in the morning, morning glories, ladybugs on roses, dragonflies, listened to my dad play sing and play the organ, watching Sesame Street, watching The Electric Company, watching All In The Family, watching The Jeffersons, watching Wonder Woman, watching Charlies Angeles and being pretty in nice dresses. I always had gum in my hair. I loved the colors pink, yellow and white. And I was a natural contortionist too because of gymnastics on tv.





Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.