Biographical Poetry posted November 12, 2019 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My Swan Song As I Go Basic.

A chapter in the book Rants, Raves and Tributes

My Gift To You As I Shoot Thru.

by Sankey



Background
This has been my collection of rants and raves about this site. As well, the odd tribute to special people I have known in here for years, some now passed on.


I dowanna ail ya

With more "lingo Australya."

In this place such a shame

We don't all speak the same


British English was first

'fore the "Amurrikin Burst"

As for Aussie "strine"

It's over the line, 

But that's fine.


I have loved the prose writers

And poetic fighters

I'm the last of the shakers

And worse, trouble makers.

Michael Cahill 'n Dean tried

Sad they both up and died.


Not many left to shake the trees

Just those with the money

To keep owners pleased.

Promtion's an ocean

Should you have the notion

To keep paying money

That isn't all "Funny"



'Twill be the November

That many remember

As "Tootsie" and "Sankey"

Became just an ember.


We'll still be around

Posts 'n reviews

Gone to ground.

Can still read your stuff

Pointing out any "ruff" 


Our "rate of exchange"

Still makes me feel strange.

An "up" in Aus dollar

Would sure make me holler.

As would any "policy" change.




 



Recognized


The picture is of Louise and me having lunch at a Cafe in Rouse Hill the location of one of our new "Metro" driverless train stations, on the occasion of Louise's very first time on these "new technology" transport options. More on Facebook if interested. "Shoot through" I am pretty sure is an Aussie only expression meaning "to leave" or "go."
I fondly remember my long gone eldest brother, Richard or Dick as he was known to a lot of his fellow truckers, using it mostly on departure.

We were on our way out at the time of composing this. However a kinds FS'er has sponsored me for another year as at November 2019.

I intended this to be much more detail but if you care to check out my other "Rants and raves" along similar lines as this, in this book.

The Australian dollar has been struggling for months now below 70cents US, just another reason we are moving on pay wise, as Fanstory has become much more expensive for me. (A Disability Pensioner on limited means.) An extra reason to quit the paid side.

In Australia, we had a political party set up specifically to "keep the bastards honest." Sadly that party has now died as the major parties still hold sway. Perhaps Fan Story needs something the same as all of us "chain rattlers" move on.
Goodbye all.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.