General Non-Fiction posted November 11, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short story

a nice hot bath.

by judester


Victoria and her daughter Grace stood face to face in the kitchen. Grace was dressed to go out with knee high boots and leather jacket. Victoria winced when she saw the make up. Smokey eyes and red lips did not suit her daughter.

What went wrong between them and when?
They were best friends until last year.

Grace had begun hanging out with a new crowd. Suddenly there was new music and clothes, new words, new attitude and she was worried.

Victoria suddenly felt a warm strength run through her body. She knew she had to win this one.

"Listen Gracie, let's do a girl's night. We'll pamper ourselves with a spa, your favorite dinner and then we'll watch that new movie. Please. I'll run a nice, hot bubble bath."

She looked into her daughters eyes and grinned goofily.

Grace looked towards the door, then at her mom. The conflict showed clearly in her eyes.
"Okay, mom. But just because you asked so nicely."

They had a wonderful evening. Victoria then realized how much she had missed her daughter. They had so much to talk and laugh about all night.

The next morning, Victoria shuffled into the sunlit kitchen. Automatically, she put the coffee on and fetched the morning paper from their porch.

Across the front page were Grace's four new friends. Investigations were pending, but it seems they had all been killed late last night when their car flipped over the guardrail.










Thanks to avmurray for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.