General Flash Fiction posted November 11, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Feeling horny will get you in trouble. (50 words)

Rhino Where You Were Last Night

by LisaMay



I feel flattened by his attentions. There’s one big butt about our relationship – he’s had so much rhinoplasty he doesn’t know if extincts or not, but rhino he does. He is an Afro-disiac in demand by others less horny than he is. As for cooking, he’s averse to anything poached. 




Recognized


Author's Note:
This is number 44 in the series of my hypothetical 'new boyfriends'.

The creatures I have written about previously are: Penguin, Chimpanzee, Whale, Albatross, Rabbit, Bull, Cat, Dog, Pig, Horse, Grey Parrot, Snake, Polar Bear, Bee, Octopus, Goat, Vampire Bat, Swan, Snail, Elephant, Flamingo, Kangaroo, Rainbow Trout, Dung Beetle, Beaver, Swordfish, Giraffe, Mouse, Sheep, Pigeon, Gnu, Porcupine, Centipede, Cheetah, Alligator, Owl, Seahorse, Tortoise, Praying Mantis, Fur Seal, Squirrel, Condor, Shark.

RHINOCEROS: White rhinos and black rhinos live in the grasslands and floodplains of eastern and southern Africa. Greater one-horned rhinos can be found in the swamps and rain forests of northern India and southern Nepal. Sumatran and Javan rhinos are found only in small areas of Malaysia and Indonesia.
In the wild, rhinos have no predators except for humans, with habitat loss and poaching being the main threats. The Sumatran rhino faces an additional threat through isolation - because there are so few of them, they're too scattered to find mates to breed. Captive breeding is being attempted to boost the population.
The western black rhinoceros was a subspecies of the black rhinoceros, declared extinct by the International Union for Conservation of Nature in 2011. In 2018, the death of the last male northern white rhino gained public attention. This subspecies lived in Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where wild populations were decimated by militant armies.
In Africa, southern white rhinos thrive in protected sanctuaries, but are classified as near threatened. The western black rhino and northern white rhinos have recently gone extinct in the wild. The northern white rhino is critically endangered. Several conservation tactics have been taken to prevent this subspecies from disappearing from the planet, including round-the-clock protection by armed guards. Their near extinction is due to decades of rampant poaching for rhino horn.
The major demand for rhino horn is in Asia, where it is used in ornamental carvings, and ground up for use in traditional medicine. It is thought to be a cure for a range of ailments including hangovers, cancer, and impotence. Its use as a status symbol to display success and wealth is also increasingly common. Unfortunately, the illegal trade of rhino horn throughout Asia continues to persist, and threaten wild rhinos despite international bans on the trade of rhino horn.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.