Biographical Non-Fiction posted November 2, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
and Downs

Being a Kept Woman Has its ups a

by Sasha

Being a kept woman has its ups and downs 
Those of you who have read this prologue before can skip it and go straight to the story below the blue asterisk.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 
To my friends, having short-term memory loss is, to them, dementia.  According to my doctor I do not have dementia and although short-term memory loss often is caused by dementia, that is not always the case.
 
This is an argument I have lost with all my friends.  They have assigned me a “keeper” that watches over me.  Personally, I don’t like having someone approving and/or disapproving my behavior.
 
My personal Keepers are Agustin and Veronica.  They bring me breakfast and dinner every day.  I must admit being treated like a special person is a positive side of having “keepers”.  The down side is having every movement I make, including dolling out my own pills a downside.  I made a mistake one day and took too many Lexotan (very strong sleep medication) and that personal privilege was taken from me.  Now Veronica comes by every day to give me my pills.  Lexotan is causing my system to stop processing the nutrients in the food I eat.  Not having a bowel movement doesn’t mean my body is processing the nutrients, it is just a bowel movement.  The food that passes through my body does not mean I am processing the nutrients.  I am just passing the fodder of what I have eaten.
 
Lexotan is very addictive and causes many problems for people taking it for long periods of time.  It is recommended to only take it for five days, I’ve been taking it for more than ten years.  That most definitely means my body is addicted to Lexotan. I take two six-millagram tablets each night.  Twelve millagramsv are enough to put a large elephant to sleep.  One doctor told me the amount I have been taking is enough to keep the elephant asleep that night and the following day as well.  I have been known to take as many as four tablets which means the elephant in me should be sleeping during the day as well.  Weening myself off of Lexotan is a difficult task.  You cannot just stop taking them, that could, and probably will, cause a seizure or even a stroke.  You can only cut back ½ tablet a week.  I have made it to 1 1/2 but cannot go any lower so what the heck, I am making a doctor’s appointment and hopefully get a prescription for melatonin which is not addictive and supposedly works just as good as Lexotan.  Please, wish me luck because I really need to get off these darn pills.
 
 
 



Recognized

#332
2019


This is probably more than any of you want to know about me, but I needed to get it off my chest.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.