Family Non-Fiction posted November 1, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Teaching a girl that love is not just something you say.

The Adoption

by forestport12


It was a blinding snow, and the car coughed up every mountain. I begged him to turn around. "Don't go to the judge on the count of me."

My new Dad craned his neck. "I won't give up now. I love you too much not to make the adoption final."

I got all choked up, but that night was when I knew I had a Daddy who really loved me. I couldn't wait to tell the judge I wanted to be adopted.

The teacher said she read my essay to the faculty where a faucet of tears flowed that morning.



True Story Flash contest entry


After the essay was written, my wife relayed the story of what happened back to me of how it captured the attention of the faculty in school where there wasn't a dry eye to be found.

After my adopted daughter grew into a young woman and started a family of her own, she gave me a copy of her hand written essay on Father's Day which I will treasure the rest of my life.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Linda Bickston at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. forestport12 All rights reserved.
forestport12 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.