General Fiction posted October 27, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Pen Pals

It's Me Again

by Helena Frances


Dear God,

Okay, I've had my private pity party. Now I'm ready to try again to become the better me I'm intended to be. Thanks for your patience.

I've had a bunch of new thoughts and awarenesses after that dark time. I know that I have a unique purpose in life. You have given me many gifts, possibilities, and options, and when I ignore them I insult you. I'm sorry for that. I'll try to be more gracious and grateful, even when I'm afraid of taking action and stepping into the unknown.

I had a visual of standing in front of you when my life was over. (I didn't see any pearly gates, but there was a feeling of peace.) I was showing you what I had done in my life with what you had given me, and was handing back unused gifts, saying "Well, I didn't use these because I was focused on other people's lives -- the people I thought were more important than me." I then realized that I had wasted gifts meant only for me, and I was sorry.

I wonder how you remain constant in your love for me, despite the lack of appreciation you receive in return.

I wonder, and I feel blessed. Thank you.


Love,

Me




Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.


The God of my understanding is open to casual conversation from the heart.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by rahulsharma8020 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Helena Frances All rights reserved.
Helena Frances has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.