General Flash Fiction posted October 27, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
It was fun wool it lasted. (50 words)

He Fleeced Me

by LisaMay



I’m rather sheepish to admit we had a brief holiday romance in the Baa-hamas, when he tried to pull the wool over my eyes. What shear nerve! The ramifications were serious, ewe know what I mean? I bleat a retreat, someone grassed on him, and now he’s on the lam.
 



Recognized


Author's Note:
This is number 29 in the series of my hypothetical 'new boyfriends'.

The creatures I have written about previously are: Penguin, Chimpanzee, Whale, Albatross, Rabbit, Bull, Cat, Dog, Pig, Horse, Grey Parrot, Snake, Polar Bear, Bee, Octopus, Goat, Vampire Bat, Swan, Snail, Elephant, Flamingo, Kangaroo, Rainbow Trout, Dung Beetle, Beaver, Swordfish, Giraffe, Mouse.

1.) The phrase: 'pull the wool over someone's eyes' means to deceive or trick somebody.
2.) If a person 'grasses' on someone else, they inform the police about something bad that person has done. (UK slang)
3.) If someone is 'on the lam' they are trying to escape or hide from the police.

SHEEP were introduced by the Phoenicians from Asia Minor into North Africa. The Merino breed originated in Spain. The photo depicts an Australian merino ram, a sheep breed that has a highly prized fine wool fleece.
Merino wool is made of extremely fine fibres, which means that it takes twice as much merino wool to make a garment of the equivalent weight of using conventional wool, and is therefore expensive. The benefit: garments are soft as a cloud, itch-free and perfect for even the most sensitive skin. Merino wool is able to ditch the itch thanks to its fibre's smaller diameter. These fibres are more flexible and softly bend when pressed against the skin, and therefore don't itch like other wool.
Australia is a leading producer of wool, mostly from Merino sheep. China produces more in terms of total weight. New Zealand (2016) is the third-largest producer of wool, and the largest producer of crossbred wool.
For any situation in which sweat is a possibility, you'll be more comfortable in a summer weight wool, which wicks moisture away from the skin, helping keep you cooler and drier. Not only does wool help keep you cool in summer, but Merino wool in hot humid weather doesn't wilt or wrinkle like cotton and linen. When worn next to the skin, merino wool acts as a body temperature regulator. This means it keeps you cool when it's hot and warm when it's cold.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.