Essay Non-Fiction posted October 18, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My time with my former pet dog.

My Beloved Dog

by Raul1

The beloved dog I had once was called Troy. He was a friendly dog. I have fond memories of him. But, he was too wild. He was afraid of going inside his very own dog home. He kept digging holes near my neighbor's fence. He managed to get inside my former neighbor's yard. I only had him for three weeks, because we moved from one city to the next. He had no tail and was beaten badly by his former owner. He meant well. He was a crazy dog.

I have had several dogs as pets in the past. It showed that Troy cared about my family and me. We had no alternative, but to give him to another neighbor, which we did. It was fun having him. I will always remember him. He was a caring dog. I had him back in the 1990s. Now that chapter in my life is over. These are good memories I will always cherish. But, I am moving on.

I love dogs the most. My brother has three dogs. I care about them. They let me pet them. I give those dogs lovable hugs. It was sure nice that I had a pet dog in the 90s. They were happy times.



Beautiful Creatures writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short essay about an animal - maximum 300 words. It can be a beloved pet or a wild animal you admire. The photo you include should be of the animal, or type of animal, you are describing.

Recognized


I found Troy abandoned near a lake. The owner was mean to him. I think that he cut his tail. He was badly beaten by its former owner. I rescued him and kept him as a pet. Later, we gave him to a family who care about dogs and now he has another loving family. I hope that you enjoy my essay as I did writing it. I had to explain. Pardon me for the Author notes to be long.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.