General Non-Fiction posted October 17, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
your life in 150 words contest entry

Through the Decades

by dovemarie


The curtain rises on my childhood. I was a quiet, shy, yet dramatic little girl. I studied piano from age eight to eleven, and was an avid reader. I liked acting, and as I moved into my teen years, I was on stage in a city-wide spelling bee sponsored by the newspaper, where I came in 2nd and almost made it to Washington, D.C. for the national finals. I played two parts in a play at the age of 16, one as a snobby girl, then I had to change into being an old black woman who sold fruits and vegetables. I graduated from high school, attended college, and wrote poetry. I suffered a good deal in several mental institutions. I received certificates from two schools, volunteered at hospitals, theater, and reading for the blind. I sang in public, lost my child to the state, yet I fulfilled many dreams.



Your Life in 150 words writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.