Spiritual Non-Fiction posted September 16, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Bible's revelation is progressive

God's Word Scrolled Open

by Deniz22


QUESTION:



What does Isaiah 53 mean?



ANSWER:



"Who has believed our report?



And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?


For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him."  (Isaiah 53:1-3 NKJV)


COMMENT:

The mission of Christ's first Advent was described by Him as "only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". (Matthew 15:24)

In Isaiah 53 we see both a prophecy of Israel's national rejection of Christ during His earthly ministry and the tragedy of their unbelief. Christ came to them when they were once again in bondage to a Gentile nation.

He did not despise them for their sin and failure as the chosen people of God.
Instead He came as their King, heart full of compassionate love, dressed in commonality, and without His Heavenly entourage of the Holy Angels of God.

It is well to remember many individual Jews DID indeed receive Christ and follow Him.
However, the leadership rejected Christ and indeed, humanly speaking, orchestrated His crucifixion by the Romans.

We should understand Christ was crucified not as a loser to the will of sinful men but rather as a deliberate love offering of God the Father to a nation and a world lost in sin.

Christ was not a victim of evil but a vanquisher of sin by the offering of Himself on the cross!

"But Jesus said to him (Peter), "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? But how then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?"
Matthew 26:52-54 NKJV

 
It is estimated Jesus was saying 72,000 angels and more were available to deliver Him from the cross IF He so chose...yet He chose to please His Father...and also express His love for us by dying for our sin.

Because of their national rejection of their King, Israel is presently not abandoned but "on the shelf" while the Church is being formed by the Holy Spirit. The Church is being made up of both saved Jews and Gentiles, seen as one spiritual body by the Lord.

After the completion of the Church, Christ will come for us in the clouds of Glory. All who are in Christ will be called up to Him, transformed instantly into eternal completeness like His own.The Christians who died before this tremendous event (the Rapture) went to be with Him and so now return with Him.
They will be the first to receive their new forever bodies as grave yards around the world are robbed of the trophies of King death!

Paul anticipated this great event in his day and was right to do so, even though he was martyred before it happened. "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-- in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:51-52 NKJV)

After the Rapture, the seven year period known as the Tribulation will commence. The first 3.5 years will be an unprecedented time of global peace, as the False Prophet, energized by the Father of lies, will mesmerize the nations.

But suddenly, he will drop his mask and seize complete power of the world.
This will be the beginning of "the time of Jacob's Trouble" which Jesus described as a time of earthly suffering hitherto unknown. As the name of these last 3.5 years suggests, Israel will be the target of Satan, named by Jesus as "a murderer and a liar from the beginning".

At the end of the Tribulation, Christ will return with the armies of Heaven and physically rescue Israel from the wicked Gentile nations arrayed against her, prepared to finally erase her from the face of the earth.

Christ will rescue her and many Jews will repent and acknowledge Him as their Savior, Messiah and King.
This time is prophesied here:
"And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son,
 and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn." (Zechariah 12:10 NKJV)

Many other WONDERFUL things happen as Christ rules the redeemed Gentile nations from the Throne of David in Jerusalem, but this is already a lengthy response, so must be closed.




Psalm 138:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Interesting to me; every smart phone user knows all about scrolling down to get the complete story/message. Would Christians would not settle foe knowing half the Bible or less! In Proverbs chapter 1:23, GOD Himself promises ANYONE He will teach us the Bible if we turn to Him! "Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;I will make my words known to you."

Unfortunately, believers turn God's gracious offer down, deceiving themselves as being too humble to know God's Word in it's fullness. Actually, the church is in a mess because Christians don't set their hearts to know all God wants them to know.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.