General Fiction posted September 11, 2019 Chapters:  ...9 10 -11- 12... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The swamp finally gets crossed by Bea.

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part2

Walking upon Water

by Liz O'Neill




Background
We have seen our three friends having a terrible time getting to the sunrise creature's path. First, it was burdocks bothering them then a swamp to cross. Scruffles has found a way across followed by
There would be no sunrise creature floating across the path this day. The intention was to get to the unexplored spot when the land was soaking up the sunlight. There were no burdocks to dodge, only a swamp to navigate. Bea had lost track of Scruffles and Sweet Puppy. They seemed to have shot across the water.

The wee bear decided she could be brave enough to cross right behind both Scruffles and Sweet Puppy. They had returned from the opposite side to help make her fears get smaller. They reassured her that they would be with her every step she took into what she called the unknown. They told her that the unknown would soon be known. This encouraged her to take those frightening steps toward the creature's path.

She knew even though she felt like fifty bees were buzzing inside her and her fears were getting bigger and bigger that she had to " take the plunge" for the sake of Scruffles and Sweet Puppy. She took her first fearful step forward, the only way to go. Preparing herself to feel her foot, paw, and claws deep in some mucky, muddy, sticky, swampy stuff she was pleasantly surprised.

She opened her tightly clamped wee bear eyes and did her notice exercise. Peering into the deep dark water she realized she couldn't see anything that she could be walking upon. What was holding her up? Scruffles had been right when he said it wasn't a broken tree underwater. She appeared to be walking on water in broad daylight.

She still did not understand why her legs were not getting shorter. It didn't feel like stones, it was too smooth as she swished through the rough rattling reeds. Nor did she feel it necessary to hop from one safe spot to another.

Here she was doing her brain exercise and doing her talk to the maker of swamps exercise out in the middle of a swamp. This was at least the second bizarre place she had done these exercises. The first was when she was up in the very, very, high tree getting the tenderest of twigs for Timothy the wood carving, clay pot making beaver.

She had had to claw her way down that rough tall tree. That was something she'd never done before. Another learning adventure the maker would help with was to finish getting beyond the marsh.

Somehow, she had made it without sinking in, up to her wee bear neck. As she touched sod, disappointedly looked around wishing that her "be-good-to-myself" treat would magically appear. Her treat of golden honey which her mom had told about, would have to wait. She usually did her exercises at least one or two times a day to get her clay pots of honey to be good to herself. Because doing her talk to the Maker exercise was more important she did that immediately.

Feeling better with that done, she could pay attention to Sweet Puppy and Scruffles. Facing their direction she was happily greeted. The two, soon to be many, joined a proud-of-herself bear in their water-splashing dance of joy.




I'd like to acknowledge avmurray for such a compelling picture.
This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.