Romance Poetry posted September 10, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Everyone deserves to find it

In the pursuit of happiness 2

by DR DIP

IN THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS 2

In the pursuit of happiness
I stumbled on your heart
A beautiful mind so caring
That manifested from the start

A quality not everyone has
You're born with from the beginning
Reflected by your words and actions
And patience and tolerance never thinning

In the pursuit of happiness
You come across many of those
Who'll put others before themselves
A beautiful quality I suppose

If you ever meet someone
Like this, along life's road
Embrace and savour this quality
For those who bear another's load

So take heed in what I'm saying here
Be aware of another's kindness
A wonderful trait that becomes quite clear
Is always there to remind us

There are others in this world
Who care about all others
Go out on a limb while their own life's upheld
A special person one discovers

A special person one discovers

dip




How befitting to finish with a romance poem!

This will be my last post on Fanstory, indefinitely. Should my circumstances change down the track, I might find the impetus to return, when I find more than 24 hours in a day to allocate lol.

In the 9 years I first discovered any passion whatsover to write, be it simple rhyming verse.
I have posted over 3800 poems in the 6 years coming to Fanstory

To those who loyally reviewed my simple writes, I am forever grateful and to those I just did not have the time to review in kind, I apologize.

In the 6 years of coming to this wonderful site, I have met many wonderful wordsmiths and made several close and lifelong friends. I have in this period, seen the sad loss of some of these wonderful 'fanstory family' friends... may they RIP.

To everyone past present and future, never lose the impetus or the muse to write and to express yourself in word, no matter how simple or metaphoric those words may be.
It would be remiss of me to name some of my favourite wordsmiths on Fanstory without mentioning missing one. You all know who you are.

So this is not a 'drama queen' exit or a dummy spit. It is purely a time to slowly sneak off as quietly as I snuck on.

To those I have 'personally offended, or 'personally attacked' in their eyes, to those who never got my silly Aussie sense of humour and those things that simply got lost in translation so to speak, I apologize and to those who denied my enjoyment to view their work by muting me all is sweet. We can't be everything to everyone.

If our paths meet down the track all will be sweet. This decision did not happen as spontaneously as my simple rhyming verses come to me but was a gradual soul search of a long period.
To say I have not been disillusioned by some of the decisions FanStory admin. might have taken, to say I have not been disappointed at the sheer hypocrisy, would be an understatement, but that does not take away the enjoyment and experience attained from this wonderful site in the 6 years coming.

I have 'premier shield' and another year of membership, so if anyone is at all interested at looking at my simple but always heartfelt poetry please be my guest.

Always remember 'Age is a state of mind' and I love the state I am in.

respectfully and sincerely always

Dr Dip, retired gynecologist and neurologist
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DR DIP All rights reserved.
DR DIP has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.