General Fiction posted September 10, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
shooting star

Mother

by Iza Deleanu


My mom is my shooting star. As long as she is with me; there is nothing that could break me. When I first open my eyes I wish upon her, she is my beautiful sunshine the reason I am waking up every morning and ready to shout to the birds: "I am alive, thank you, God, for the gift of life and wisdom."

The legend says that when God sends a child in this world, He gives him also a shooting Star to rise and care for him. This ritual started when God got tired of seeing his children getting misplaced and mistreated. Kids were just a trifle. Parents at that time were using kids for physical labor, they had no childhood, and they were growing up repeating the cycle.


Children were supposed to be the joy of this planet, the beautiful flowers that were praising God's creation. But no chance! Kids were dirty, underfed, illiterate, empty shells of God's creation. The light from their eyes was extinguished. Evil was the king of God's Paradise. There was no laughter and no joy. The Earth was inhabited by empty souls: shadows leading another shadow for an eternity. God let them free will, and they chose to be influenced by the Angel of Evil.

One day a new mom accidentally got stricken by the light of Archangel Mikhail. Suddenly the veil of empathy flows down at her feet. Her blue eyes open as a forget-me-not flower. She looked at the pink baby in her arms, she saw beauty and marveled. This was the perfect gift that God has sent her, a perfect child, a promise of a new beginning. She knew right away that this baby is the messenger of God. Serenity, this was the name of the child, was talking to her Father every day learning the name of the animals from Paradise.

Moreover, she discovered how to work smart and how to build tools. She became the messenger of God's goodness; with her beautiful voice, she managed to spread joy, and finally, the Paradise got filled with laughter and happiness. Starting with that day, God decided to pair every child that he was sending in the world with a shooting star, that the child was calling -- Mother.

I got the best of them, gentle and caring. Even now, when I am not a baby, my mom is still my shooting star - Dodecatheon.




The picture is from Google - https://www.fanstory.com/showpic.jsp?photopath=/usr/876384/fantasy-1119432_1280.jpg
Dodecatheon is the latin name for the shooting star flower or mad violet. Thank you for reading:)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.