General Non-Fiction posted August 29, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A flash fiction club story

Save the Waters

by aryr

Why is there so much pollution of the waters of the world?

It seems that every year, every month, every day there is more garbage dumped in the waters. Whether it is fresh or salted.

It is as if there are large signs which read, 'PLEASE Pollute. Dump your trash here! This water is way too fresh, the fishes need your garbage.'

Now don't get me wrong there is land pollution as well, at least considerate people clean up some of the messes. The groups that adopt a portion of the highway or the states that have what was referred to years ago as chain gangs. The people who are doing their time in prisons but have won the rights to work the roads. However, who cleans the oceans, the seas, the rivers, the lakes?

Why toss your garbage out the window of your vehicle or off your boat? Most fast foods, convenient stores provide bags for your purchases, use them for your garbage which can be tossed in either your waste at home or in the cans available at your next stop. Even rest areas have bins and I have seen some area where you can drive up and toss your bag in, they are angled for easy waste collection.

But back to the lakes, the waters, I think because we can't see below the surface; it becomes out of sight, out of mind. Does anyone consider how much is accumulated on the floors of the ocean? Does anyone think about how it affects the fishes, the mammals or even mankind?
I am sure if something is caught on a line or in a net, it's just tossed back in.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO SAVING THE WORLD?
OH RIGHT, IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S JOB!!! NOT YOURS.




Recognized


Thank you to Denise B for Earth 101
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.