General Fiction posted August 24, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What she did not know

Modern Romance

by Rikki66

Arron Burr, knelt on one knee extending a right hand holding a two-carat marquise cut emerald.

"My darling, Jill will you marry me? Arron wobbled with anticipation.

"NO! You have got to be kidding me." Jill snapped without a thought.

"No? I thought?"

"You thought with your prick." She shot quickly. "Just because I f***y**and s***y** does not mean I want to marry you."

Arron still kneeling found himself on his backside when Jill gave him a forceful shove. "Little boy, that is what you remind me of, a little boy. Someone gave you a taste of candy now you want the whole damn store."

Jill, left Arron on the floor and walked to the bar. Poured herself three fingers of 12 years old and turned back to Arron. "Whatever gave you the thought of marriage, besides the sex. Now get up off the floor."
Arron got up, walked to the bar reaching into the fridge he got himself a beer. "I thought I was doing what you would want me too."

"That is one of the problems, you don't think for yourself. You want me to do it and I can only take so much."

"Sorry!" "It is just that I love....."

"Stop! Don't say the words you know what we have (had) is lust, not love. Besides, you are just a freelance writer with no steady paycheck and I have needs."

Holding out the ring Aaron said, "I will ask, you once again marry me?"

Jill, laughed "I will answer again No! And every time I will answer no. I want a man who wants me not needs me."

Aaron snapped the box shut and put it in his pocket. "Thought you would have asked where I got the money for the ring, but you didn't so I won't say.

"Aaron, don't go away mad, just go."

Aaron put the beer on the bar and walked to the door, "Watch the paper in the next day or two for a story about the local author that signed a multi-million dollar movie contract with Big Story Studios.

Aaron laughing walked out the door, thinking to himself had he shown her the diamond she might have said yes, now he had both rings and his freedom and one point five million dollars.




Slightly based on an old country song A little bit of Texas
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rikki66 All rights reserved.
Rikki66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.