General Fiction posted August 22, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short story

The Love Effect

by Debra White

I've woken up this morning with a bit of a fuzzy head. I could be overtired I suppose, but I've a funny feeling that this is what love does to you!

There's this guy... he's not what you'd call my usual type, but he's cute, and funny, and energetic. The best thing about him though, is that he's so into me! He takes my face in his hands, holds his cheek close to mine and kind of inhales me. He's so happy to just gaze at me and tell me how beautiful he thinks I am. Me! Beautiful! Most people tut in disgust when they clap eyes on me, but not him... he adores me!

Look, here he comes now! He's so athletic!

Hmm, he's got a strange expression on his face this morning. Is it sadness, or disappointment, or confusion? I don't understand, it's as if he can't see me.

Maybe it's my hair? Like I mentioned earlier, I am a bit fuzzy-headed today...



Recognized


Maria Jose Garcia shared this cute photograph (from Nat Geo) with me and challenged me to write something from either the squirrel's or dandelion's POV.

I hope you enjoyed reading this little story :)

I guess this love wasn't meant to be. It was lovely while it lasted though ;)
In the blink of an eye, dandelions turn from luscious yellow flowers to floaty fluff heads!

Look out for Maria's lovely take on the same photograph - her story is entitled 'Sudden Love'
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.