Commentary and Philosophy Script posted August 21, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Help to maintain your dog's health

Couch Potatoes #6: Diabetes Tip

by Brett Matthew West

FreeStyle Libre:

THURSDAY: MORNING: STUDIO:

FADE IN:

Zack Bryan: Welcome to Couch Potatoes. I'm Zack Bryan and today I have a public service tip for our viewing audience that was sent to us from Francine Tucker in Plattsville, Ohio. And, this is KoKo. He's an apricot miniature poodle with diabetes.

(The camera zooms in closer on KoKo)

Zack Bryan: You see this small sensor stuck on KoKo's shoulder? Look closer and perhaps you'll get a glimpse of this tiny stylet inserted just under the skin in KoKo's subcutaneous fat. It's called a FreeStyle Libre and it is painless for dogs, fairly accurate, and records KoKo's glucose level. And, yes, it's the same kind us humans use, so that makes it easy to obtain.

(The playful KoKo licks Zack's face. His affinity for dogs obvious, the host scratches KoKo's ears.)

Zack Bryan: One advantage of using a FreeStyle Libre is because the device eliminates the need to draw blood from your dog every hour. Another is that all you have to do is scan the reader every eight hours and record the data.

(He pets KoKo. The dog's demeanor remains calm.)

Zack Bryan: The FreeStyle Libre can last from a week to ten days and provides your vet valuable information about your dog's glucose curves. It is also less expensive than having their glucose curves taken at the hospital.

(KoKo barks. Zack looks at him.)

Zack Bryan: What are you barking about? Aren't we supposed to use our inside voices when we're on the set? You 've been out here enough to know better.

(KoKo barks again and wags his tail back and forth.)

Zack Bryan: As always, talk to your vet before using the FreeStyle Libre, or beginning any new health treatment for your dog. We'd like to thank Francine Tucker for sharing this tip with us today, and if you have one you'd like to send in pass them along. Maybe we'll discuss them on the air, too. My first guest today is Doctor Thomas Bannon who will explain why diabetes is a lifelong condition for dogs. So, welcome Doctor Bannon to Couch Potatoes, your one-source show for everything dog.

(Zack places KoKo on the floor. Koko spies an empty chair and hops up on the cushion. He curls up into a tight ball, closes his eyes, and drifts off to sleep.)

Zack Bryan: The little rascal's upstaged me again.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

(FADE OUT)






Football Puppy, by Browncat, selected to complement my script.

So, thanks Browncat, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my script.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.