General Fiction posted August 14, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Humans fight off the walking dead.

The Walking Dead War

by Raul1


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
Phil had come to a bookstore to make a purchase, but had no idea what was about to happen; how his life would be turned upside down. Outside the store, walking dead were attacking and killing people and it soon began to spread throughout Miami.

The traffic was jammed. Phil had no idea of what might be going elsewhere. He was just focused on getting a book to read at home. A few of the walking dead came crashing inside the Bookstore. The customers screamed and ran away from them. But, some were caught and killed.

Phil saw them and he tried to flee, but he couldn't. Instead, he hid behind a bookcase. He was trying to find out what to do. It was like straight from a Hollywood movie. He ran to his car. Some zombies grabbed him, but he fought them back. He kicked and punched them.

He got inside his car and drove to a gun and artillery store. He arrived and barged into the gun store. He grabbed any weapons he could find. The other strangers did the same. Phil gave them guns, bullets, and all kinds of weapons he got lucky to find.

Two people asked him if they can go with him in his car. He told them for sure they can. They got in the car. The walking dead came inside the gun store and killed the employees there.

Phil and his new friends were shooting at them and drove fast to where it was all now a war zone. The dead jumped in front of his car. He swerved his car sideways to get them off. His friends shot at them. Several zombies died and fell to the streets.

Miami was a complete mess with the walking dead zombies. Here nobody saw something surreal like it before. He arrived at the Bookstore and left the book in his car. The others went quickly with him and followed his instructions for survival. The employees there were in a frenzy of fear.

Phil was the leader of them all. He was a wise choice. He saw lots of episodes of the Walking Dead TV series and knew what to expect of them. The Bookstore was now a military haven zone for humans who are in danger. He was thinking that this war will be in for the long haul.



War writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story where a character is in war or is about to be in war. Fiction or non-fiction.

Recognized


403 Words counted.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.