General Fiction posted August 12, 2019 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Book of Miracles

A chapter in the book The Book of Miracles

1 Noise

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

"Jess what the heck man, turn that noise down, I don't want to listen to your crappy music. Why don't you wear headphones like anybody else?"

"Sorry Ray Ray I can't it is against my experiment. But you can wear these" said him handing me a noise cancellation headphones."

"Why should I wear them, I am not the one making the noise!"

"I can't Ray Ray, the doctor said that if you don't stop wearing headphones 24 from 24, my brain will fry, I am pretty sure that you would not like a dumb dumb next to you!"

"Jess, what are you talking about? Holy…"

"Ray-Ray stopped it, don't swear, Grammarly is suggesting that the phrase holy shit that you wanted to use is not appropriate, so you should say: Holy Guacamole!'
"Jess, what are you saying?"

"Ray Ray, this is such a wonderful excuse to swear undercover, don't you think? Swear left and right, and nobody can accuse you of profanity."
"What's wrong with you, Jess; too much smoke-nstein? Is your brain on Cloud 9?"

"Ray Ray, if you think about it, the color and consistency of the guacamole… it is a nice substation for that sh… You change a word, and the effect is the same"

"Jess, seriously, what is Grammarly saying if I am calling you "mother fucker?"

"Ray, Ray, Grammarly says to use "mother fortune" because you are very fortunate when somebody swears at you; that means you are famous. All the mother's fortunes united front are welcome!"

"Aha, so this goes under the line of bad publicity – good publicity aka excellent popularity. Listen up mother fortune, if you don't shut the shop now, I am going to take that phone and stick into your mother's fortune ass.  Then we will see how is the guacamole business doing is."

"Ray, Ray relax just be a good doll and take these noise cancellation headphones. We can still enjoy our date. You can walk next to me wearing these; see they are your favorite color, pink. Will be so awesome you enjoying the silence, me the music."

"Do you call this a walk, Jess?"

"Yes, of course, we are together Ray, Ray enjoying the same view. Isn't this what you want?"

"Jess, no please, use some headphones… your music is killing the view. I wonder if you have some noise cancellation headphones for the view too."

"Ray, Ray I can't, remember what the doctor said: fried brain, bad hearing! I know in your country it is ok to eat fry brains, but I like mine as it is very much, so the music stays. And there is also the experiment."

"What experiment?" I asked gingerly.

"Well if my phone stays in the pocket next to my waist, I could fry some fat belly… which I don't mind to partake with. Just think about it, lose it doing nothing and enjoying my music: we are family," said Jess.

"I got all my crazy with me”! I finished for him.
 
 

 



Create a chapter contest entry


This it is the first chapter from my new book - The Book of Miracles. The book is about the intersection of the lives of people from different cultures.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.