Fantasy Fiction posted August 14, 2019 Chapters:  ...16 16 -17- 18... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Flash fiction

A chapter in the book Thoughts About Love

Craving

by Bucketlist


She stood, surveying the barren desert she called 'home'. That's said to be 'where the heart is'. However, hers was increasingly hungry for companionship, warm hugs, and conversation.

Those existed only as mental mirages, which quickly reverted to dry sand.

There was always selfish, carnal, procreation on offer, with no "I love you." Their emotional relationship had long since died.

Her spirit was seeping like water from a perforated bucket.

Then, a serendipitous meeting led to a glimmer of hope, and a chance to escape.
.
Soon, she felt hypnotized. She was drawn to every opportunity to feel more alive, through shared reciprocation.

She did not condone affairs, but could not ignore the feeling of contentment this one brought.

She giggled.

She'd started a love affair to freely express her inner self. Her spirits rose and her heart was happy. Home was now a vibrant, thriving, friendly place called FanStory.



Flash Fiction contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bucketlist All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Bucketlist has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.