Humor Poetry posted August 10, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Just had to love these high school classes...

Yes, We ALL Had to Take Them!

by Y. M. Roger


Civics was always taught by the coach
Who employed his own teaching approach:
Just set up a movie
And life would be groovy
While shooting rubber bands at a roach!


And what about old-fashioned Typing?
The class that was chock-full of sniping...
From behind and in front
Those comments were blunt
And the ‘thin-skinned’ couldn’t stop griping!
 
Let's face it, P-E could be quite fun,
Soccer goals, touchdowns, and a home run…
Except in cold weather
When we’d wish for leather
‘Cuz outside we’d freeze off our buns!
 



Schooled on Limericks! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
It's that time of year... back to school! So, to help cheer up those of us who might need that extra smile to happily get back into the routine, your challenge is to write a limerick poem [it can be up to THREE stanzas = three limericks] about school. It can be about a personal experience, it can be about a favorite (or feared!) teacher, it can be about the school cafeteria (or the food therein!), it can be generalized, it can be very, very specific - ideas are as limitless as your imagination.... but your goal is to make us laugh! Only one stipulation: keep it clean, people!! :-)

Remember a limerick is a humorous poem consisting of five lines. The first, second, and fifth lines must have seven to ten syllables while rhyming and having the same verbal rhythm. The third and fourth lines only have to have five to seven syllables, and have to rhyme with each other and have the same rhythm. An example is given below (from the famous Edward Lear!)

There was an Old Man with a beard
Who said, 'It is just as I feared!
Two Owls and a Hen,
Four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!'

Recognized


For you 'youngsters' out there:

Yes, we used to take typing classes because no one knew how to type before high school! Now, kids teach themselves to type starting in grade school and the schools don't even bother anymore!!

And, yes, I meant to say 'set up a movie' -- movies had to be 'set up' because they were on movie reels and were shown from a movie projector that 'projected' the movie onto a pull-down screen in the front of the classroom (just like the big movie theaters) - no televisions with DVDs or computer inputs like today!!

Image from 123RF at www.jp.123rf.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.