Biographical Non-Fiction posted August 8, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My experience from colon cancer and how I overcame it.

Cancer Survivor

by Raul1

I remember back in the 90's, that I was diagnosed with colon cancer, but thank God that is in the past. Before, my stomach used to hurt so much. I kept complaining to my parents to get me help. It felt like I had knives inside my colon. I couldn't withstand the pain.

We went to lots of doctors to find out what was wrong with me. Once they checked up on me they all told me that I have nothing wrong. They all said that I was healthy. It didn't feel like it at that time. A few months have passed. Finally, we went on a check-up and the doctor found my disease.

They told my mom that I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was quickly rushed to the hospital for surgery. Hours later the surgery became successful. They took out my colon cancer. The physicians took me to a hospital room, so I could recuperate.

Lots of my families and friends came to visit me. In this time I had no clue of what serious disease I had, or that I could have died. I now understand why they never told me, because I would have freaked out about it. The days have passed when I was practicing in the hospital on how to walk again. It wasn't easy.

Several weeks later, I got out of the hospital and my parents took me back home to recuperate. It wasn't a few weeks after that I became healthy, then I received one year of chemotherapy. I am free from the pain. I am happy. Now I am a cancer survivor.



I Remember writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Begin your non-fiction autobiographical story or poem with the words 'I remember...' Complete the sentence conveying a moment, an object, a feeling, etc. This does not have to be a profound memory, but should allow readers insight into your feelings, observations and/or thoughts. Use at least 100, but not more than 1,000 words. The count should be stated in your author notes.


276 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.