Fantasy Fiction posted July 28, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Start of a Battle Between Darkness and Light. Chapter 2

A Battle for Control

by poetwatch

"My Liege!"

"What is it Gabriel?"

"Michael says the stars created are dimming in the darkness. It appears that some have completely disappeared."

"He's positive they have vanished?"

"Yes Sir, we double checked, the exact coordinates, with our long distance scanner to be sure we were not mistaken. It's as if the darkness swallowed them. The stars are no more! What shall we do, Sir?"

"First, calm yourself. I want you thinking with a clear head. Second, deliver a message to Michael, and tell him to check the Spectrum Analyzer for any heat signatures. Also, tell Kris to come to the Ready Room. I have something for him to do."

"Yes, Sir!"

As Gabriel leaves to deliver his messages, Damon smirks in anticipation.

"May I speak, my Liege?"

"Since when has anything or anyone stopped you from speaking, Damon?" The Commander gives him a distasteful look. "What's in that devious mind of yours? Speak!"

"Well, my Liege, I believe it's our old enemy Chaos, trying to get your attention. He's filled with hatred after the beating you gave him and in taking away this section of the Universe."

"You wouldn't happen to know anything of this, would you, Damon? Since you were in the unit sent to guard the outer realms from his attacks. How would he know where we were headed?"

"My Liege, how---?"

"Sire! It's Chaos, and he looks like he's bringing Luz and the army of the Dominions! The Spectrum Analyzer shows a heat ratio way beyond normal! I don't know how many evil things are coming from his call!"

"Don't fret about those fire-breathing, filthy beasts, Kris. They're all smoke. We defeated Chaos armies once and we can do it again. Let's prepare for battle. Kris, send out a call to all the Legions of Light Warriors."

As the Commander and Kris leave, Damon's left alone with his thoughts.

************************************************************************************************

In the darkness and evil growl is heard.

"Nickolas, send me the location of those foolhardy sons of an exploding star that oppose me! I want them to know that death is waiting on the wings of my armies. Where are they?!"

"They are hidden by the stars of light, oh Master of Darkness. My hell-finder cannot penetrate their brightness."

"Then suck the energy from those stars and destroy them! My realm is darkness, spotless without a stain of imperfection."

"It shall be done, Master."

"Razorback! Come and line the dark cannon on the nearest star. Suck its juices and store that energy in the black drive. We will use it to deliver a power punch back to where it came from. It will be a glorious moment to see the destruction when we unleash the power of a star on those who created it."

"But, sir, light is positive matter and our black drive is negative matter. Will it not explode?"

"No, the traitor showed us how to go around that. Now do as you're told!"

"Yes, sir!"



Create a chapter 2 contest entry


494 words of imagination. Can't wait to see what my muse comes out with for the next chapter. :)


Thank you Dr Carlton
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. poetwatch All rights reserved.
poetwatch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.