General Fiction posted July 25, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A story of giving

A Ride With Bonnie and Clyde

by Brian Taylor1


I was leaving the South Shore mall and was about to get to my car when I herd footsteps behind me. I got to it when a voice said "Don't yell". Next thing I knew, there was a sharp object pressing against my side. I looked down and saw a gun. Holding it was a man, behind him was a woman. He said " We get in, you drive, you live. You don't, you don't". I started to drive with him in the passenger seat, and her sitting quietly behind me in back. He said "Take a left and go to the bank on the corner". We got there and he said "Keep the engine running". The woman then got out of the car and walked towards the bank with a large bag on her shoulder.

After about 5 minutes, she returned wearing sunglasses and a hat while the bag was bulging. She got back into the car and the man said "Get on the highway heading north". After driving in silence for about fifteen minutes he said "Get off at the South Boston exit". Roughly a mile later he said "Pull over". The woman, with no voice, handed something to the man and got out of the car. He then said "Good job" and handed me two stacks of crisp bills before getting out to join his partner as they walked down an alleyway never to be seen, by me, again. After many deep breaths I realized that I've just been held hostage by a resurrected Bonnie and Clyde.

I waited for the cops to come calling, which they never did. No way was I calling them, I like living. I donated the money, ten grand, to charity and haven't been to the mall since.



An Automobile Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of up to 300 words (no poems) including something to do with an automobile. Fact or fiction, but a car must be mentioned somehow in your story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brian Taylor1 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brian Taylor1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.