General Poetry posted July 7, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Truth and Authenticity in Love

Games People Play

by Brenda Henderson

They tell me: "Don't text" you; "Don't call"; "Don't be too available;" or "He won't want you at all."

They say: "Men love a challenge;" "They're up for the fight;" "The hunter won't chase you if you don't take flight."

I know that you love a challenge tis true; But how can I be false when we both know that I love you!

I have no feminine wiles and I don't play silly games with people's hearts, minds and feelings

Maybe I'm just a throwback; too old-fashioned with my dealings; But if I tried to lie to you my senses would be reeling.

I cannot become a thing that at my core I am not. Maybe to you unavailable and aloof is what you find hot.

In a world where people, places and things often change. I want you to know that my love for you remains.

Steadfast, stalwart, covenant and true; are the passion; the friendship and the love I hold for you.

So never doubt my faithfulness, my ardor, my heart; Because to me in some ways we're never really apart.

Because a piece of me goes with you in all that you do; And my daily prayer is that my Heavenly Father will Comfort and Keep You!

And although in the end you may choose another and alone I'll be left. Know that indeed I Will Love You With MY Very Last Breath.

And as long as You are Happy and have everything you need; I will only ever wish for You, Good Health and Godspeed.

So be Blessed My Darling wherever you are. And know that if ever you require a safe haven for your heart; I will guard it and keep it and never depart.

I'm not perfect. I make mistakes and sometimes I'm insecure too; But you could search the world over and never find another who loves you the way I do.



Recognized


In the dating and courtship phase of relationships men and women often play emotional games with one another. I don't play games with people's hearts, minds or emotions. It's just not me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by pfemd at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brenda Henderson All rights reserved.
Brenda Henderson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.