Essay Non-Fiction posted July 3, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
ranting of an old man

My Rant

by Rikki66

I enjoy fan story and fear for fan story for the same reasons. I am an avid reader, therefore; I read and review far more than I write and post. My reading leads me to the conclusion that politically the writers, both domestic and foreign on fan story are in the center or the right of center.

Secondly, I surmise that most of the writers are religious in one form or another. There is much spirituality in poetry and prose. I include all religions that believe in God or supreme power.

Thirdly they seem to me to believe in the right to post whatever if it does not speak of hate of fellow man without fear of repercussion.

For these reasons, I fear the site might be a target of the P.C. police. Listening and watching the P.C.'s seems to be on the march in every country in every media, especially the internet. I would hate to one day to try and pull up Fan story only to be told that it had been taken down for a violation of this or that policy.

I am achy today, so I rant and ramble. Feel free to do likewise.




Just ranting about political correctness.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rikki66 All rights reserved.
Rikki66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.