General Fiction posted June 25, 2019


Chapter 4

Upheaval

by judester

The rugged transport truck stood rumbling in the parking lot as we went over the final plans.
I was to stay at the farm, Mike was going to the airport and our workers were going to collect our ostriches from Joseph's farm.
The vet had been there all afternoon dosing the birds with tranquilizers for their flight.

We soon got word that the gate of Joseph's was padlocked. Our head guy made the executive decision to break the lock and get our birds.
Joseph was waiting with his police buddies on the side of the highway enroute to the airport. He had a ripped piece of a police report, claiming that we were stealing his property.

Mike quickly made his way to the open air confrontation where Joseph waved his gun and demanded five hundred dollars.
Mike paid him reluctantly and the birds continued on their way. By now the tranquilizers were wearing off and they were kicking at the walls. Some found freedom and made their way down the tarmac, unsteady and wobbling from the drugs.

The pilot came out and stated that they must leave immediately. The plane took off with most of the birds, and I believe the remaining birds live their life of freedom
A few days later, the bank made their move and sent the receivership lawyer to the farm. We knew that they were coming and Mike would leave early every morning taking all the keys.
I heard a commotion at the front gate and peeked out my bedroom window.
Four trucks spun into the parking lot and from one strode Cecil, baseball cap worn low,ready for action.
His men swarmed the place and he was intent on getting into mike's locked office. He shouldered I
The door a few times until it broke open.
I gathered our important papers, passports from upstairs and waited for mike.
He finally arrived and we decided to leave.
I got intone truck with a big bag of papers, Mike gathered our five dogs and got into another and the lawyers men jumped into theirs.
His men were now guarding our gate and did not want to let's sleeve, until our regular guard pushed him away and swung open the main gate.
The villagers must have been shocked to see this high speed rally through their peaceful town.
at the crossroads I went right, Mike went left and the pursuers, in a split second decision, followed Mike's truck. Mike pulled over and they were greeted by our dogs, at each window, excited and panting in this new game.













Create a chapter 2 contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.