General Fiction posted June 22, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Life is like that sometimes...

Boredom

by Heather Knight


My husband is boring. My life is boring. However, Armando charms me with his soft voice and warm hands.

He always knows what to say, he makes me feel special.

We are meeting tonight and I think I'll finally say yes. He's been quite insistent and only my less than perfect body has stopped me till now.

My husband will never find out, so it won't hurt him.

My bed is covered with discarded dresses. In the end, I choose the grey one.

'Are you going out?'

I turn around and see the man I've been married to for twenty years standing by my dressing table.

'Yes.'

'Who with?' he asks.

'Some friends.'

For some reason, my hands are shaking.

'Can you help me put on this bracelet?'

He comes towards me and smiles.

'You look beautiful.'

I frown, surprised. When was the last time he noticed the way I looked?

When I'm finally ready, I choose a black patent leather handbag and say goodbye.

He walks with me to the hall. I put my hand on the doorknob and he asks,

'What's his name?'

It seems this evening is going to be quite different from what I had planned. I have some explaining to do...Who knows? This might be the wake up call we both needed.



Recognized


My story is based on this song. Jose Luis Perales was my sister's favorite singer. I once saw him in concert with my family.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.