General Fiction posted June 20, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
dinner party.

dinner and a show.

by judester

Elvis, sweetie, can you bring in the sweet potatoes? There are more in the garage.

John and Yoko, you sit together over here. Such a cute couple.

Now where is Janis?

Janis, oh c'mon dear, dinner is ready and I think you have had enough Jack Daniels.
What's that? You know him so well that you call him John?
Very funny Missy, now you come sit beside me.

Kurt? It's time to eat. I made your favorite dessert.
Why must you be sad? This is a dinner party! Love how you took the effort to dress up. (sigh)
My sweet lost boy.

Let's take off that old sweater and come join the others.
Look, your buddy John is here!

Okay everyone, I suppose that you are wondering why I invited you to dinner?

Well, I thought that we could have a little jam session afterwards. You know, just like the old times.
You were all pioneers in your day and I thought together, we could create something magical.

So glad that you agree.

Does anyone want more turkey?
Yoko, please don't play with your mashed potatoes. Yes, very interesting. It does look like art.

Thank you all for coming.
It means a lot to me.



A Dinner contest entry


Thanks to RebeccaS4684 for the artwork. Elvis, John Lennon, Janis Joplin and Kurt Cobain. They all died fighting demons, except John. He actually greeted his.
Not sure if 'extra sweet potatoes in the garage' is just a Canadian thing. Hah
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.